Post-Oscars Fashion Roundup
Instead of rehashing all the typical red carpet-wrap up in our post-Oscars haze (read: hangover), we instead bring you some of the notable fashion from the night’s most exclusive event—The Vanity Fair Oscar Party. Held at Morton’s in West Hollywood, this is the most coveted invite in town. In fact, many bold-faced names show up here, rather than taking the trek down to the Kodiak Theater, so they can smoke and booze it up in very posh company.
- Naomi Campbell and Joy Bryant. Naomi pulled a Lindsay Lohan by changing not once, not twice, but three times over the course of the evening for different soirees. Bryant’s ice blue, off the shoulder dress showed off her amazing skin.
- Gwen Stefani hit up the Vanity Fair Oscar party in a conservatively cut Chanel gown. While some style pundits panned her look, we loved the belt and the fact that she’s not wearing a safe, typical Oscar dress, and pairing it with Oliver Peoples sunglasses, well!
- Lauren Bush (who took David Lauren as her date) showed her svelte figure off in this form-fitting black and white striped frock and loose tousled hair.
- Natalia Vodianova was one of the more fashion-forward attendees in this dove grey tiered dress with origami-inspired detailing.
- Liv Tyler and Helena Christensen both were knockouts Sunday night. Liv’s one of the few celebs we’ve seen who chooses the right color of nude dress for her skin tone. Helena’s silky metallic dress was in perfect keeping with the season’s trends.
- Aerin Lauder’s thick tortoiseshell choker was a refreshing change from the standard major diamonds one usually sees on this night.
- Katie Holmes glowed in an Armani gown. We like the large stones in her up ‘do too.
- Eve was subtly sexy in a black, asymmetrically shouldered Calvin Klein dress and major honey colored bangs.
Chloe Sevigny looked pristine in a white, vintage Thierry Mugler dress with a carwash hemline paired, unexpectedly, with gray shoes.