How To Avoid Heavy Car Service Bills?
Are you facing issues with your car? Thinking of getting those old tires and stained seat covers fixed? All those who are nodding their heads and saying a Yes to these questions must read on further. Maintaining and getting your car serviced after a particular period importance really important. Car servicing not only keeps your car in best condition but it also increases the life. Car is machine and it needs oiling and proper maintenance. However, there are many minor issues in the car that can be fixed by the car owner only. Fixing few simple car problems on your own can save your money and time too.
Below discussed are some of the tricks and tips by following which you can save your dollars:
Tips to avoid heavy car service bills
- Cleaning the wiper blades- Many at times, people just rush to a car mechanic to get their wiper blades serviced or replaced. This happens when you do not clean the blades at regular intervals. Often, these blades just require a proper cleaning with a paper towel or cloth. In addition to this, you must make sure to let the blades dry after cleaning them. This will surely save your dollars.
- Replacing the belt- Your car has a timing belt in the engine, which needs replacement after a certain interval. The role of this toothed belt is to move the shafts present in the internal combustion engine of the car. To replace this belt on your own, you can simply read the car’s manual and do that without wasting any time. This will save your visit to the car mechanic and your money too.
- Wiping the car seats- Did you clean those coffee stains last night? If not, then you should do it now. Often times, people let those liquid stains and marks rest for days, and this in turn penetrates deep inside and spoil the entire seat. If you are trying to remove an old stain from the car seat cover then try vinegar and water. Yes, it does work. You can just add a spoon of vinegar in a mug of water and then gently rub the stain with paper towel.
- Car’s tires- It is very important to keep a regular check on your car’s tires. You should check tire pressure at regular intervals and do the necessary when needed. Better pressure results in better fuel efficiency and keeps your tires in good health for years. In fact, low-pressure tires can make you fall in dangers and can be fatal to your life.
Thus, by following previously mentioned tips, you can avoid the bills of car service. However, if you face any serious issues even after taking care of everything then you must not make any delays in approaching a professional car service company.
How to avoid getting duped when hiring car service companies
Mechanics can be a wily lot if you are not careful. When hiring car service shops, here are some precautions you should take to avoid getting overbilled.
- Ask for an estimate beforehand. If the job is too complex for an estimate, at least settle on a figure the mechanic should not go beyond without approval.
- Have some sort of indication on the old parts of your car that need to be repaired. When the parts are replaced, ask for the old parts back. Check for your indication. This way, you can be sure that the parts have actually been replaced.
- Read your car manual thoroughly. Don’t let your mechanic take you for a ride by suggesting repairs that you don’t need.
Choosing the right car repair service provider will ensure good health for your vehicle for a long period of time. It would also mean that you’d spend only a reasonable amount of money for the servicing of your car. And you will get to tips on how to avoid heavy car service bills. Want you know more info about car service? Then click here you can get the best car service provider.