Tips On Maintaining Of Your Stainless Steel Balustrades
Balustrades add a touch of beauty to your home décor. They can be used in staircases, patios, poolside and balconies. There are different types of balustrades used around the world today. The most commonly used ones are:
Steel balustrades are quite common. They add a contemporary look to your home. They are strong and require very less maintenance, even when used in coastal areas. Stainless steel balustrading are the non-corrosive ones and you can utilize these balustrades for building an aesthetically-pleasing and yet durable home interior. Glass balustrades are equally popular as well. Even in glass balustrades the handrails and railings are made of stainless steel. Hence overall, stainless steel balustrades are more common. They are easy to set up and install and are extensively used in schools, homes and offices. Stainless steel balustrades are sleek and provide a tactile feel as well.
Here are some of the advantages of choosing steel balustrades:
- Stainless steel balustrades are easy to clean and they do not get damaged form contamination. Stainless steel balustrades can be fabricated on site itself. They are durable in comparison to wood. They are built to last unlike wood. Wood is prone to fading, scratching and chipping.
- You can choose between satin and mirror finish for that stylish look. Stainless steel balustrades look good by themselves and also when used alongside glass or wood. They are a simple but luxurious solution for your home, school or office. Fabricating steel balustrades is a great choice, as they do not require powder coating or painting that is required when using other metals such as, steel or aluminum.
- Variants in stainless steel provide different levels of rust protection.
When it comes to combating stain resistance, steel balustrades come with a thin but tenacious, self-repairing film that forms a layer on the surface. This film imparts the properties of stainless steel itself. Stainless steel is known for its stain resistance, hygiene, easy cleaning, and aesthetic appeal. Stainless steel wares do not taint food as well. Unlike wood and glass, stainless steel will not chip, crack or flake. This is what makes it one of the strongest balustrade options you have today. If you are planning to install stainless steel balustrades, you need to remember that regular cleaning and care will provide you with a class product that will retain its look, features and properties through many years of daily use.
How to conduct routine cleaning of the steel balustrades?
- Use a mild soap or detergent soaked in warm water. Use a soft cloth or sponge to apply the soap for cleaning.
- Rinse in hot water and wipe with a soft cloth. You can also leave it to ‘drip’ dry.
- You can use mild household cleaners; fine synthetic scourers (for example, SCOTCH BRITE®) or a brush with nylon bristles at times. However, it is better not to use them frequently.
- If your steel balustrade is heavily soiled, this type of routine cleaning will remove the soiling and staining over several days.
What is safe to use?
- Cleaning methods as part of routine cleaning are safe.
- Use of household cleaners that are proven as ‘suitable for stainless steel.’
- Follow repeated gentle cleaning over a single aggressive cleaning.
What is not safe to use?
- Metallic scourers
- Silver or brass cleaners
- Course abrasive powders
Stainless steel balustrades add a modern twist to your new home or old home. They are easy to install and easy to maintain, which adds a touch of elegance to the overall décor.