The Need To Hire An Automatic Transmission Specialist
Transmission is one of the major parts of your car which gears up the automobile parts and provides you with a smooth driving experience. If you notice some sounds from your car engine then it might be a problem with your transmission, and you need to repair this part with help from an automatic transmission specialist. If you ignore these issues at the initial stage then you have to incur a huge cost for the replacement of transmission, or you may need to sell your car at a minimum price. Hence, it is always advisable to hire an automatic transmission specialist for your car. You can also go for a car repair service if they have this facility.
Some indications of transmission problem:
- If you hear a noise while driving at a high speed, then it might be a problem of clogged transmission fluid. For this you need to check the gear box as well since it can also be a problem of your gear filter and engine. To understand the problem better, run your car in reverse gear and notice the noise level. If the noise level remains same, then you need to change the filter because sometimes the transmission filter gets clogged due to debris and rust. This unbearable sound is just an indication that you need to provide a quick solution to. You may want to invest in hiring the services of an automatic transmission specialist to resolve these issues.
- If you have an old car of more than two years, then you could find some TCM or Transmission Control Module problems. It begins from the automatic transmission part due to excessive pressure on the transmission caused by the excessive wear and tear of the transmission component. TCM (Transmission Control Module) is designed as a monitoring system that controls and monitors all the spare parts of transmission. This problem mainly occurs because of the harsh shifting of the gear. It is best to avoid this mishandling and call an automatic transmission specialist for repairing this issue as soon as it crops up.
- The most common problem of transmission is less fluid level and if you notice some gurgling sound from your engine then you need to check the transmission fluid level. This fluid mainly works as a lubricant for your car engine and brake, however if it becomes dry, it can create some sounds due to frictions. It is better to check the transmission fluid level on a regular basis and you need to refill or replace the fluid completely when required. Most car manufacturers recommend changing the transmission fluid after every two to three years. To carry this repair properly it is best to connect with an automatic transmission specialist as they will give you proper reports and solutions for your problem after careful analysis.
How do you check the transmission fluid?
- If your transmission is having a filler tube or dipstick, then you can check the fluid level by yourself. Else you need to hire an automatic transmission specialist and they will check the fluid level accordingly.
- When you change the transmission fluid, you need to check the quality of the fluid. The transmission fluid should be clear or transparent in color and must not have any burnt odor.
- It is suggested to use only a branded transmission fluid and to understand the best brand in the market it is advisable to consult with an automatic transmission specialist as they will guide you in a proper manner.
If you find the transmission fluid getting decreased automatically then it can be a problem of leakage of transmission tank. For this you need to replace the whole transmission with the help of an automatic transmission specialist only.