Sterling silver is one of the most widely used silver alloys in the world, not only is it versatile and can be made into hundreds of designs. The sterling silver chains can be worn for marriages and anniversaries, corporate meetings and small birthday parties. The chains can also contain gemstone-studded pendants which go well with both traditional and modern dresses. These chains can also contain totems and symbols which are etched on them, or remain attached to the sterling silver chains as pendants. These may include designs like the owl the grain-container, the sun, moon, heart and many more.
Popularity among all age groups:
To further supplement the femme fatale, sterling silver chains have heavily picked up the popularity factor in an effort to provide for them with the best that the metal can offer, can be available with hundreds of jewelers worldwide with a wide range of design options bundled together to create a truly elegant chain for the customer.
- The Sterling silver jewelry is comparatively simpler to manufacture owing to the pure delicate nature of silver which is then further added with metals to supplement the mixture into an alloy which is then hardened into a functional use to finally create the final mix into the chain.
- The delicate state of the alloy upon creation allows the jeweler to add details into the chain itself as the soft state can allow the creation of some really beautiful designs which vary upon the thickness of the chain itself.
Why should you opt for handmade silver chains?
When you go for sterling silver chains that are handmade, you can choose from a wide range of colors, shapes and designs, and also add more splendors to your overall look, by adding gemstone pendants to your neckpieces. Stones like garnet, ruby, jade and amethyst really look nice and gorgeous when you pair them with your handmade sterling silver jewelry. Moreover, the cost of your sterling silver chains can go up depending on the material, the added features and the thickness of the chains.
- These chains are hardy and yet they are not so expensive like gold.
- The sterling silver chains look elegant when compared to other metals.
- They can go well with both the traditional and the western looks.
- These chains are anti-allergic and anti-corrosion, so you will have no problem in wearing these everyday.
What should you look for when you buy the chains?
Customers who wish to buy a sterling silver chain must always ensure the presence of a hallmark on the chain which is given by the dealer to mainly supplement the weight and finish, most importantly it gives the chain an identity which can be used by other jewelers to help identify the origin of the chain and information regarding the purity of the silver used in it and information regarding the composition and prevention of theft of the chain itself. Hallmark is highly necessary to be added in the chains mainly owing to one of the crucial factors of precious metals, Resale, Only if a chain is properly hallmarked with the above mentioned factors can it be sold to another jeweler on the basis of the weight and purity as well as the adherence to local laws and the international hallmark standard which dictates these rules for the jewelers.
The popularity and the beauty of these chains precedes everything with the most beautiful designs available, it’s very easy to maintain as the mixture of other metals to the alloys makes sure the chain does not corrode or oxidize and change color. Several solutions can be used to preserve the purity of the silver to preserve the shine for longer.
These all are the above mentioned details about the sterling silver chains. Go ahead and make purchase it for your loved ones.