Valentine’s Day is just round the corner. Markets are abuzz with enthusiastic shoppers selecting gifts for loved ones. Reservations at restaurants and concerts are booked full for February 14th. Young men and women wait eagerly in anticipation of a proposal on the day of love. We see many a relationships blossom, engagements declared and wedding vows taken on this special day.
However, Valentine’s Day is not for couples alone. This day is dedicated to expressing love, affection, appreciation and gratitude. It may be for parents, siblings, friends, colleagues, pets and to all those who have touched our lives. With so many important people around us, we fall short of time and ideas to convey our feelings to all those who matter. Hope this list helps you in forging deeper bonds with people.
Gift ideas for parents
Parents pamper us all through our lives. For a change, it would be great to pamper them on Valentine’s Day.
- Introduce your parents to technology and gift them a kindle. Now they’ll no longer feel lonely and will always have a library with them.
- For the nature loving parents, sending some exotic variety of plants would be a very thoughtful idea.
- But, of course, the most valuable gift for parents would to spend quality time with their kids. Schedule a small gathering of family at home or a restaurant and relive old times.
Gift ideas for siblings
Siblings are our first friends and have stood by us through thick and thin. They were with us in all our celebrations and Valentine’s is no exception.
- A compact blue tooth speaker would be great for your brother, who is a diehard music fan. You can order one from gifts for pakistan.
- A personalized coffee mug with a photo clicked on a family vacation and a message at the bottom would delight your little sister.
- A soft teddy bear, chocolates, personalized cushions and key chains can be added to the list.
Gift ideas for friends
With most gifts designed for lovers during Valentine’s, it becomes a tough task to choose appropriate gifts for friends.
- String your heart in the form of a cute little necklace pendant. You can slip in a picture of the two together to remind that you are always there for her.
- You could carry a box of chocolates, some baked goodies or a huge chocolate cake and share it with friends and co workers at office.
- For friends who have been distanced due to work pressure, Valentine’s is a perfect time to catch up. You could plan a group trek to a nearby hill or weekend getaway to an adventure resort.
Gift ideas for grandparents
Grandparents thrive on memories. So, the best gifts for them would be those, which will remind them of fun days spent together.
- A special collage of photos with a creative handmade frame would be gift they would treasure. You could opt for a digital photo album too.
- Grandparents need love and care more than anything else. Write a letter of appreciation, read them a book and organize a small outing with them.
Gift ideas for pets
Pets are a part of the family and entitled to gifts. Show your love and pamper your pet on this Valentine’s by buying it goodies, pet perfumes, soft blankets, toys and serve its favorite meal.
Whether it is Valentine’s or any other day, we need a reminder to pause and reflect, to show our love and appreciate people around us.