June 21, 2024
11 °C London, UK

A List Of Essential Printing Jargon To Remember When Having A Banner Or Brochure Printed

When it comes to printed promotional materials, banners, brochures, leaflets, and flyers are always popular. They are easy to disseminate (in the case of leaflets, flyers and brochures), they easily stand out (in the case of roll up banners and pop up banners), and they can be really effective at getting your brand, product, or service noticed. And, if your printed materials are expertly done, then they serve to give a great impression (and great recall) for your company as well.

Banner Or Brochure Printed

But if you are thinking of having printed materials made for your business, there are particular terms that can help you make the best choices. Here are a few essential printing terms that should be useful:

  • Pantone colouring and metallic ink 

Pantone colouring or colours are part of an internationally-recognised index of colours that can be used for different purposes – in interior design, fashion design, or, in this case, printed material. If you make use of the Pantone colouring system for your banners or brochures, you can benefit from better colour matches – in fact, the risk of ‘mismatching’ colours is virtually eliminated. Your brochures and banners will have more consistent colours as well.

Metallic ink, meanwhile, is simply a mix of a specific coloured ink (referenced from the Pantone system, of course) with a metallic compound in order to produce a unique type of ink which has a shinier, more metallic (and industrial) sheen and finish.

  • Varnish and UV varnish

You may have already heard of the term ‘varnish’ in relation to furniture, but the term is widely used in the printing sector as well. The term ‘varnish’ in the printing industry refers to a type of liquid which is applied to one side or to either side of a printed piece of material, such as a flyer or leaflet, and this liquid or varnish can then make the paper look more glossy, silky, or even have a more matt finish.

UV varnish, on the other hand, is a type of varnish which is also applied to particular spots or areas on printed material to give this spot or area a more intense and highly-shiny finish. By using UV varnish, you can create contrast and texture that readers will appreciate.

  • CMYK

CMYK is perhaps the most important term or jargon you should know about, because it is a type of process of printing for colour. CMYK is also referred to as the four-colour or full colour print process, and it is distinguished by its use of combinations of dots comprised of four pigments – namely C for cyan, M for magenta, Y for yellow, and K for black. With the CMYK process, brochures, flyers, and banners can be brighter and more colourful. Printing experts such as Roller Banners UK (find out about their services at http://www.rollerbannersuk.com) recommend learning more terms so you can make the best decisions regarding your printing needs.

Previous Article

Escorts Servicing Gatwick: Your Exotic Companion

Next Article

Choosing The Right Banner Printing Service: What You Should Always Keep In Mind

You might be interested in …