Manufacturers that make parts for any industry know the importance of securing pieces with quality fasteners that continue the integrity of the piece throughout its structure. Many manufacturers buy steel taper pins for this purpose and to make installation cost-effective. Taper pins are made in a simple cylindrical design that tapers in size down the length of the pin. Dry friction is used to secure two parts together. The best place to buy steel taper pins depends on the specific application, the type of material the pin needs to be, and whether you will need to buy in large volumes or smaller ones. These are five of the top industrial fastener companies based on quality and selection.
- Marafast – Marafast offers a variety of sizes in stainless steel taper pins in standard and metric sizes to accommodate a wide variety of uses. Buy steel taper pins in packages of 1, 5, 10, 25 or 50 of a single size to get only the number you need or to create a custom order that accommodates your need for different sizes. Order online at http://www.marafast.com to get the fasteners you need at any volume. Order by length, diameter, finish, country of manufacture or manufacturing company.
- Grainger – This company offers a variety of standard and threaded taper pins in a variety of materials including free cutting steel, carbon steel, low carbon steel and 18-8 stainless steel. If you require a specific type of steel for the project you have in mind, Grainger gives you the option of purchasing individually or in packages depending on the product you are ordering.
- MSC Industrial Supply – A leading North American distributor of fasteners used in industrial maintenance, repair and operations, MSC is a good resource if you want to buy steel taper pins on an individual basis. Their products include a variety of sizes and variations such as threaded taper pins, thread taper pins and external threaded taper pins.
- G. L. Huyett – This Company has been serving as a manufacturer and distributor in the US since 1899. Their taper pins are sold with a minimum quantity of 5 or 10 depending on the model you choose. They are available at an exceptionally low price but some products are available only in limited quantities. This is a good choice if you have small needs for any size of pins and are working on a budget.
- Alma Bolt Company – The standard steel taper pins are sold here with 18-8 stainless steel also available upon request. Alma also offers special order sizes that may be needed for some applications. Their 100,000 square foot warehouse makes it easy to keep a large variety of supplies in stock.
There are many reasons that you might need to buy steel taper pins and knowing where to look will ensure you get the best product and price for the number of pins you need. When working on a large scale, make sure the company you choose to order from has the inventory to accommodate your ongoing needs to prevent your having to change products in the middle of your manufacturing or repair process.